Prestigious universities? Check! High employment rate? Absolutely! Affordable education? Yes! It’s Ireland for you!
If you have always dreamt of studying in Europe, Ireland checks all the boxes for a perfect higher education destination for Indians. Ireland takes the cake if it is employment after education, easy enrollment, research opportunities, or the comfort of living.
It’s one of the most sought-after countries to study in after the USA, UK, and Canada. In this blog, we will learn about Intakes in Ireland in 2022 for Indian students. We hope you are excited because it’s the season of admissions!
So let’s dive in. Shall we?
Ireland Intake in 2022 For Indian Students
Ireland intake 2022 is divided into two parts: Autumn intake and Spring intake. Autumn intakes start in September, and Spring intake starts in late January. The below table provides all the information for both intakes. Go through it.
|Starts From September and Ends in December
|Starts in late January and Ends in May
|Application for colleges
|April to May
|October to November 2022
|Acceptance Letters and Interviews
|May to June
|Nov and December 2022
|Applying For Study Visa and Education Loan
|June to July
|Departure From India
|July to August
|January and February 2023
Admissions For September Ireland Intake 2022 Started!
For Indian students looking to get the Autumn intake, be ready. It’s started now. Here’s a step-by-step guide for you.
Step 1: Shortlist 5 to 10 universities with your preferred courses in the Autumn intake. Visit the individual university websites and note applications starting and deadline, eligibility, etc.
Step 2: Get familiar with education loan options and scholarships. If you feel overwhelmed with searching for the right education loan, our platform Fundright is there to help you. We help you shortlist the
best education loan with competitive interest rates. You need to sit back and watch! Sounds cool? Visit us.
Step 3: Fill out the application forms for your preferred undergraduate and master’s courses on individual university websites.
Step 4: Research accommodation and living costs. Education may be affordable, but living is not! So, do your research correctly.
Step 5: Prepare for English proficiency tests like TOEFL, IELTS, etc.
Step 6: Contact your professors to get reference letters. You should have the right reference letters at least a month before the deadline.
Step 7: Draft your SOPs and essays! Similar to reference letters, this should be done at least 1 month before the deadline, so you get enough time to edit them.
Step 8: Once you have all the SOPs, essays, reference letters, and standardized test scores, apply for your shortlisted universities before the deadline.
Step 9: Once you get acceptance letters from universities, provided you are qualified for courses, choose the best option.
Step 10: Notify the university of your decision. And pay the non-refundable fees to confirm your admission.
Step 11: Apply for a student loan. Or a scholarship if you are eligible.
Step 12: Apply for a student visa. (Documents required are listed in the section below)
Step 13: Book the tickets and get a credit or debit card for Ireland once you get a visa.
Step 14: assuming everything went as planned, it’s time to start your new course in Ireland. Bid goodbye to your family. Time to leave for Ireland!
Ireland Intake 2022: Which Intake To Opt To Study in Ireland?
It can be to decide which intake you should opt for. However, considering the critical factors that play a crucial role in getting admission:
- Academic Test Scores: Standardized tests like IELTS, TOEFL, and GMAT are mandatory for admission to Irish universities. If you don’t get desired marks to enter universities, you will most likely need to wait to retake the test and apply. So, intake can be dependent on your scores!
- Availability of Program: Ireland Universities restrict the program depending on whether it’s Spring or Autumn intake. Mostly, the spring intake has fewer courses than the Autumn intake.
- Eligibility: Some specific courses are only available in certain universities. Your academic background should be good to get selected for the desired course.
- Availability of funds: Ireland is not the cheapest country to live for Indians. You should have funds available at the time of admission, or you may have to wait till the next intake!
Important Exams To Study in Ireland
To study in Ireland, Indian students must prove their English language proficiency by taking standardized tests such as
- IELTS: A minimum 6.0 score is needed to get into Irish universities.
- PTE: 63 to 65 score needed.
- TOEFL: minimum 570 scores for paper or 90 for interest-based.
Apart from the English proficiency test, students pursuing medicine or business need to give tests below:
- Medicine Undergraduate: HPAT Assessment with a minimum score of 480.
- Graduate: GAMSAT with a minimum score of 58
- Management: GMAT with a score of 550. GRE is not required.
Top Irish Universities To Apply To Study in Ireland
Following are the top-rated universities to study in Ireland for Indian students.
|Name of University
|Approximate Course Fees
|Trinity College Dublin
|Euro 16,000 to 27,000
|History, English language and literature, nursing, and pharmacy
|University College Dublin
|Veterinary medicine, sports-related subjects, library and information science, petroleum engineering.
|National University of Ireland, Galway
|English language and literature, modern languages, nursing, law, psychology, and education
|University College Cork
|Euro 9,000 to 35,000
|Nursing, agriculture and forestry, law, English language and literature, and pharmacy.
|Dublin City University
|Euro 13,000 plus
|Communications, journalism, business, politics, and education
|University of Limerick
|Sports-related subjects, education, English language and literature, Chemical Engineering, Law, Business Management, Social Science, and Material Sciences.
|Euro 12,000 to 25,000
|Sociology, geography, and computer science, Data Science.
Top Courses Indian Students Can Study in Ireland
Although Ireland boasts high-quality education in several areas, here are the top most popular courses to pursue in Ireland
Arts and Humanities
Arts is the most favored field in Ireland, given its history. The courses that are in demand as playwriting, creative writing, literature, etc.:
Investment Banking and Finance
Investment Banking is popular in Ireland thanks to the large number of banks located there. This increases the chances of getting hired as a financial regulator, finance analyst, retail banker, etc.
Medicine and Health Science
Ireland is the pharmaceutical hub of Europe. Hence, the popularity, of course. Pharma degree consists of several subjects including toxicology, physiology, biochemistry, etc.
Engineering programs popular in Ireland are Biomedical, Mechatronics, Civil Structural and Environmental engineering, software engineering, etc.
Science and Technology
Owing to the presence of multi-global organizations like Google, technology is a popular choice amongst students. Courses such as Data Science, Analytics, and Computing are worth considering.
Visa Requirements To Study In Ireland For Indian Students
Students wishing to study in Ireland can apply for an Irish student visa 3 months before arrival. The application is available on the official website of the Irish government. You must provide the following documents when applying for an Irish student visa.
- Valid passport (Must be valid for a minimum of 12 months from your date of arrival)
- Letter of Acceptance from Irish University.
- Passport-size photographs
- Score of English language proficiency test like IELTS, TOEFL
- Proof of payment to Irish university
- Minimum fund evidence of €7,000 to support your living expenses for the duration, of course,
- Medical insurance information
- Commitment statement that you will leave Ireland once you complete the study.
- Evidence of academic ability to pursue your chosen course
- a) If any of your original documents are in Indian languages other than English, you must include a complete translation. Each document must consist of
- Confirmation from the translator as evidence of accurate translation of the original document.
- Date of translation
- Full name and signature of translator
- Contact details of translator
- b) You will also be required to provide your biometric information as part of the process.
- c) You may also be asked to appear for an interview at Ireland embassy
For more details on an Irish student visa, please read our Ireland Student Visa Requirements blog.
Scholarships For Indian Students To Study in Ireland
Okay, but what about scholarships? What are your options when it comes to scholarships to study in Ireland? There are many scholarship options available for Indian students. But, the eligibility criteria differ.
However, if you want a high chance of bagging a scholarship, here are the criteria you should focus on.
- Good Academic Performance
- Letter of Recommendation
- English Proficiency Test like IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Diverse volunteering experience
Now, the scholarships are of two types – private and government scholarships.
Private Scholarships: These are offered by Irish universities on a merit basis. Popular scholarships are as follows:
- NUI Galway International Students Scholarships
- Trinity College Dublin Scholarship
- Maynooth University Scholarship
Government Scholarships: These are offered by the Irish government and cover most of the tuition fees. Popular government scholarship programs are:
- Government of Ireland – International Education Scholarships (GOI-IES)
- Fulbright Scholarships
- Centenary Scholarship Program
Learn more about scholarships for Indian students to study in Ireland in our blog here.
Also, don’t be disheartened if you don’t qualify for a scholarship. You can still study at your dream Irish university by taking a loan! We designed Fundright to help Indian students find the best bargain regarding education loans to study abroad.
Study in Ireland With GradRight
There are several universities in Ireland with multiple deadlines and courses. So many options to choose from and yet so little time. It can be challenging to keep track of all the things and make the right decision in the end.
But don’t worry. GradRight helps you find the right college to study in Ireland at the right time! So, forget about endless visits to university websites!
- Choose Right University with SelectRight. There are several universities in Ireland. But not all of them are right for you. So, where should you apply? SelectRight solves this problem by helping you shortlist the best university based on your profile and choice of course.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Is Studying In Ireland Worth It For Indian Students?
Answer: Yes! Ireland is one of the best European countries to pursue higher education as an India because:
- It’s home to the top 1% of universities in the world for research in the field of Mathematics, Nanotechnology, Chemistry, etc.
- 2 years stay back options after completing the course.
- Home to international organizations like Microsoft, Google, Apple, and Dell
- Lower study cost compared to countries like the USA, UK, and Canada.
Question 2: How To Get A Scholarship To Study In Ireland As An Indian?
Answer: Government and private scholarships are available for Indian students who wish to study in Ireland. Fulbright, Trinity Dublin, and Centenary are a few popular scholarship programs to apply for.
Question 3: When Does Admission Start In Ireland?
Answer: Ireland has two major intake seasons, namely spring and autumn. For Spring intake, students need to apply in October or November. Whereas for autumn intake, students should apply in April and May.
Question 4: What Is The Cost To Study In Ireland As An Indian?
Answer: The cost of studying in Ireland as an Indian student may range anywhere from 11,000 euros to 25,000 Euros per year. However, the cost depends on the course of your choice, location, and expenses.