An MS in artificial intelligence USA will present you with opportunities that can turn your life around.
With the technological revolution of the 21st century, Artificial Intelligence has become a staple in every field – the Humanities, hard sciences, business. In this revolution, the USA is at the forefront.
In the field of AI, the USA has some of the top universities, top labs and research in the world.
What to expect in an MS in artificial intelligence USA?
An MS in artificial intelligence in the USA will teach you AI principles and techniques.
You will also learn topics such as logic, probability, and language. Topics in the AI concentration broadly include:
- Knowledge representation and logical reasoning
- Machine learning
- Probabilistic modeling and inference
- Natural language processing
- Cognition, and applications in domains such as biology and text processing
Broad learning goals of an MS in artificial intelligence USA:
- Understand representations, algorithms and techniques used across works in AI and be able to apply and evaluate them in applications and develop your own.
- Understand and apply machine-learning techniques, in particular to draw inferences from data and help automate the development of AI systems and components.
- Understand the various ways and reasons humans are integrated into mixed human-AI environments, whether it is to improve overall integrated system performance, improve AI performance or influence human performance and learning.
- Understand the ethical concerns in developing responsible AI technologies.
- Implement AI systems, model human behavior, and evaluate their performance.
Each university defines their own learning goals. These are the board areas that an MS in artificial intelligence USA usually covers.
Program structure of an MS in artificial intelligence USA
Usually, an MS demands thirty semester hours of graduate coursework. To get a passing grade, the university will also set a cumulative grade point average.
The coursework is divided as follows:
- Core courses (12 credits) – Compulsory courses for everyone in the program.
- Concentration Courses (9 credits) – You get to pick three courses from one of the specified fields to develop your knowledge in a niche.
- Electives (9 credits) – Any course that you take outside your concentration will fall under an elective. Some colleges have other partnered colleges and organizations at which you can take electives.
- Students have to pick from coursework, MS project or MS thesis. Depending on your choice, your credit requirements will be distributed.
Top universities for MS in artificial intelligence USA
Going to a top university can guarantee a good artificial intelligence engineer salary in the USA.
|University of Michigan-Dearborn
|MS in Artificial Intelligence
|Fall – July 1
Winter – November 1
Summer – March 1
|$1,946.00 per credit
|University of Cincinnati
|M.Eng in Artificial Intelligence
|Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence
|$20,314 per quarter
|University of Arizona
|Computer Science (MS)
|Columbia Artificial Intelligence (AI) executive certificate program
|University of Miami
|MS in Electrical and Computer Engineering – Concentration in Artificial Intelligence (AI)
|$ 48,510.00 for 12 months
Need help deciding between these universities? Go to SelectRight.
Clutter, or SelectRight? You choose.
The AI-based platform uses 6 million data points across 10,000+ STEM, CS & MBA programs to give you transparent and unbiased recommendations on best-matched fundable programs as per your requirements.
Eligibility Requirements for MS in artificial intelligence USA
Regular admission to the program requires a bachelor’s degree in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) field.
Each university will have a minimum CGPA requirement.
Most universities also have a set list of prerequisites for getting into an MS in artificial intelligence USA. Check if you have done similar courses during your term.
In case of deficiencies in the prerequisites, you might be allowed to make up for them after entrance into the program. Students with such deficiencies must complete the missing prerequisite course(s) with a specified grade or better within the first two semesters after entering the program.
In addition to this, you may also need to meet GRE and English proficiency requirements.
To get more detailed advice on the application, avail the help of industry experts. Create an account on SelectRight. Our curated directory of unbiased industry experts can help you with various aspects of your application like SOP review, application review, LOR review or any other queries that might require expert opinion.
Careers and artificial intelligence engineer salary in USA
The average artificial intelligence engineer salary in the USA is $103,000/year.
An artificial intelligence engineer’s salary in the USA will vary depending on:
- Experience – If you worked on projects, took up internships during your course, have previous experience in the field, and more.
- Grades – If you secure good grades or publish a good thesis, you have a chance of getting a higher salary.
- College – The ranking of your college and the brand value.
- Extra courses – If you took any specialized courses that the company needs.
This image depicts the artificial intelligence engineer salary in USA under different designations.
|Artificial intelligence engineer salary in USA
|An expert in computational statistics, machine learning, deep learning, and applied mathematics. Is expected to possess an advanced degree in computer science or in a closely comparable discipline backed up by experience.
|Build AI models from scratch and help product managers and stakeholders understand results.
|Data scientists decide what questions their team should be asking and then work out how to use data to respond to those questions. They frequently create predictive models for forecasting and theorizing.
|Data analysis, engineering, and computer science are all combined in the ever-expanding field of robotics engineering. Robots and the machine-based procedures that go with them are designed, built, and tested by professionals in these domains using software and mechanical hardware.
|Natural Language Processing Engineer
|Tech corporations hire NLP engineers to develop smart computers that can comprehend human language. Artificial intelligence (AI) in the form of natural language processing (NLP) is particularly helpful for obtaining and analyzing unstructured data and public sentiment, which is very advantageous for many businesses.
Key recruiters to look out for after MS in artificial intelligence USA
Google: As one of the digital giants driving AI development, Google is one of the most popular employers in search of AI specialists. The organization is seeking applicants with a background in deep learning, natural language processing, and machine learning.
IBM: Another tech giant, IBM has long been at the forefront of AI research and development. Currently recruiting people with a background in data science, machine learning, and deep learning to grow its AI team.
Facebook: The famous social media company is attempting to enter the AI market and is looking for applicants with knowledge of artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Amazon: The company is hiring for positions in artificial intelligence and machine learning as it looks to get into the AI race.
Apple: The Cupertino-based tech behemoth is also seeking candidates for positions in the field of machine learning and artificial intelligence.
Going into these tech giants will guarantee a good artificial intelligence engineer salary in the USA.
According to TechRepublic here are some other companies that you should keep an eye out for.
These statistics are from 2019, however, in the coming years as well these companies will have space for AI specialists. Since the field is growing, chances are that more positions have opened up.
- Microsoft – The company has the most open AI jobs available currently, totalling 1,964 positions, which is 36% of all open jobs at the company.
- NVIDIA – The company has 369 available AI jobs, assuming 33% of the company’s total open jobs.
- JD.COM – The company has 19 job openings, 20% of the total.
- Intel – With 432 openings, the company has 17% of jobs set aside for AI specialists.
- SAP – The company has 320 positions available.
- Accenture – Out of 309 jobs, 34 are designated to AI specialists.
- NOKIA – The tech giant has 76 jobs available for AI scientists.
This information is crucial while selecting a college as it helps you collect ROI on your education. Your artificial intelligence engineer salary in the USA range determines how much you should spend on your education.
Go to SelectRight. It’s like having Ramanujan crunch the numbers for you, so you go to a massive-RoI university.
SelectRight helps you calculate the total cost of your education. This includes tuition fees, living expenses and miscellaneous expenditures. Based on these costs and your prospective salary, make a decision.
The last word on MS in artificial intelligence USA
This article provides an overview of MS in artificial intelligence USA. You have enough information to begin your own research.
There is no one right course or one right college for everyone. The right course and college depend on your requirements.
We are here to help you understand those requirements and find colleges that suit you.