Indian students go to the USA to expand their horizons of knowledge and get more career opportunities.
However, it can be hard on many families’ budgets as studying abroad can be expensive.
Fortunately, there are many scholarships that help Indian students achieve their dreams.
Hence, selecting the right university is crucial for many applicants. Most scholarship funds are tied to universities.
In this article, we have listed five great scholarships for Indian students in the USA.
But before we get to that, we have explained how you can select the right scholarship.
How To Select The Right Scholarship For Indian Students In The USA?
Selecting the right scholarship is difficult. The main reason is that choosing a scholarship depends on many factors.
For instance, you might be getting a good university, but you might not get a scholarship for your chosen field of study. In other cases, you might qualify for a scholarship for a Master’s in the USA but the fund amount will be too low.
This limits your options significantly.
Not to mention, hunting for the right scholarship takes way too much time to conduct online research with zero guarantees.
This is not the first article you are reading today and it will not be the last one.
But we have a solution.
We can help you find the right university for you to study in the USA with the best scholarship.
How SelectRight Helps Indian Students Get Scholarships In The USA?
SelectRight connects you with people who want the best for you. We have a network of alumni and experts. They will actively assist you and help you choose the best university.
You are five steps away from applying to your next university with the best scholarship.
Create an account, answer a few questions and we will send you university recommendations directly to your inbox.
Personalized university recommendations based on your preferences and profile.
There is more from SelectRight.
- A dedicated career advisor who will guide you through your higher education journey.
- Regular live sessions where you can participate in honest discussions.
- An active Discord Community where you will have direct access to alumni and experts and get their opinions.
SelectRight is the best all-around solution for Indian students who want to study in the USA and Canada. We will also send you a total cost estimation so that you can rethink your preferences if required.
Sign up in SeelctRight and we will get you one step closer to your dream university.
If your preferred university is costing you too much, we can give you low-interest loans with no collateral.
Now let’s take a look at five great scholarships for Indian students in the USA.
1. Tata Scholarship For Cornell University
The Tata Scholarship for Indian students in the USA is one of the most prestigious ones they can get. The scholarship fund aims to help 20 undergraduate Indian students at a time to study in the USA regardless of their financial background.
The applicant should meet all of the following conditions.
- They should be an Indian citizen.
- They should have attended and completed secondary school in India
- Cornell University should offer them admission to one of their programs.
- They have to be eligible for need-based financial aid.
Benefits Of Tata Scholarship For Indian Students
- Financial aid will be provided for up to eight semesters.
- The fund has an among of $25M and will sponsor every requirement of the student.
- Students are selected on the basis of merit only.
Terms And Conditions
- More preferences are given to students who have been offered courses from the College of Art, Architecture, and Planning; College of Engineering; and the Applied Economics and Management major.
- Funding for additional semesters for dual degrees is not provided for Indian students studying in the USA.
- Five-year courses are not sponsored.
Apply for the Tata Scholarship for Cornell University if you qualify as per the above conditions.
2. Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowship
This is a great scholarship for Indian students in the USA who want to do their masters. This scholarship is offered for multiple fields of study like, Art and Culture Management, International Affairs, Public Administration, and more.
- This is only for highly meritorious students who want to study in the USA.
- The candidate must have completed their Bachelor’s in a prestigious university.
- The students should be motivated and have great leadership capabilities.
- Individuals with professional work experience are more preferred.
Benefits Of Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowship For Indian Students
- This scholarship covers everything. Tuition fees, accommodation fees, travel expenses to and from India, and other expenses.
- It is selected only on the basis of merit.
- Race, ethnicity, and religion are not taken into consideration.
Terms And Conditions
- Only for students with high scores in qualifying and language proficiency examinations.
- Students with two to three years of work experience have a higher probability of securing it.
Apply for the Fulbright-Nehru Fellowship if you qualify as per the above conditions.
3. Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarship
This scholarship is given to Indian students who wish to pursue fields of study in which they excel at. It sponsors master’s degrees, M.Phil, doctorate degrees, and research in North America and Europe. Generally, students choosing the fields of study that generate practical value for society have a higher chance of getting selected.
- Students who excel in their fields of choice.
- Talented and meritorious students with a good academic track record.
- Applicants involved in extra-curricular activities have an edge.
- Two years of professional work experience.
Benefits Of Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarship For Indian Students
- This scholarship will cover expenses up to $100,000.
- Students who wish to conduct research in a particular field of study can also apply.
Terms And Conditions
- The applicants who want to study in the USA must prove that they can self-sponsor for courses that cost more than $100,000.
- The Indian students who want to avail this scholarship have to prove that they have been staying in India for six months (at least) before they submit their application.
You can apply for the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarship if you qualify.
4. Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program
This scholarship is funded by the Reliance Group, as the name lets us know. It was created in association with Stanford Graduate Business School to help deserving Indian students who want to study in the USA.
This scholarship funds five students every year who want to pursue higher education in business management courses.
- The applicant should receive an offer letter from Stanford Graduate Business School for the two-year-long management courses.
- The students should have an excellent academic record.
- Applicants who are leading a positive change and have a social impact are more likely to get selected.
Benefits Of Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program For Indian Students
- It covers the tuition fees and additional expenses, the estimated cost is around $150,000.
Terms And Conditions
- The students are expected to return to India post their course completion.
- The selection criteria are tough, as only five students qualify.
You can apply for the Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program if you qualify.
5. Akhtarali H. Tobaccowala Fellowship
Akhtarali H. Tobaccowala graduated from Booth School, Chicago in 1952 and this fellowship empowers like-minded students like him. This scholarship funds only two students per year.
- Students who have been offered a seat in the MBA program at Booth School of Business in Chicago.
- All students can apply but meritorious students with professional experience are more likely to qualify.
Benefits Of Akhtarali H. Tobaccowala Fellowship For Indian Students
- Scholarship up to $25,000 per year per student who wins the scholarship.
- It is for MBA programs, which are particularly hard on students’ budgets.
Terms And Conditions
- Students have to qualify for a few interviews and the quality of their career goals will determine whether they qualify.
You can apply for the Akhtarali H. Tobaccowala Fellowship if you qualify.
That’s A Wrap
Going through many websites to find the perfect scholarship to study in the USA is a difficult and time-consuming process.
Yet, with the correct sources, you can skip all that and directly find the right university with a maximum scholarship.
With SelectRight, you will get universities and scholarship options to choose from right in your inbox.
What are you waiting for?